Getting married need DJ , Photographer Videographer etc

Photos only.
tbkonwso
Stage 2
Car(s): RX7

Getting married need DJ , Photographer Videographer etc

Postby tbkonwso » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:09 pm

need some help =\...wedding has been stressful and making me broke.

so far have 25k in the venue... another 8k in church..limo...priest.flowers , dresses tux and hotel , cake and other bullshits.

now i need dj....photographer maybe video? photobooth...

anyone can recommend someone decent but still within my budget? trying to keep all 3 under 2k as I don't want to have to start selling my cars.

grrr......

might have dj covered, maybe Chuy Gomez if he is free that day
maxh2o
Stage 4
Car(s): nothin special

Re: Getting married need DJ , Photographer Videographer etc

Postby maxh2o » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Yeah, I know a few photographers and a DJ or two, you may want to post up what city and roughly when as well as what you're looking for in both.

Also, I call dibbs on the Supra and NSX when you decide to sell.
tbkonwso
Stage 2

Postby tbkonwso » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:23 pm

maxh2o wrote:Yeah, I know a few photographers and a DJ or two, you may want to post up what city and roughly when as well as what you're looking for in both.

the wedding date is March 1, 2014

the wedding ceremony is being held at Oakland Moraga "St Mary's college chapel" @ 1pm

the reception is at Bridges San Ramon golf Club

any help is appreciated.
maxh2o
Stage 4

Postby maxh2o » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:50 pm

maxh2o wrote: you may want to post up what city and roughly when as well as what you're looking for in both.

Okay, first rule of being married...pay attention. Women will make your life a living hell because . . . you aren't really paying attention to them. Really. You'll be like, "but honey, its not my fault that 63 guys in Miatas crashed our wedding reception and are now stealing our beer, copping feels with all the bridemaids and dirty-dancing with urmom!" And you know what? You will have been wrong, for the very simple fact that . . . you weren't paying attention. Also, you need to answer the questions of "what are you looking for in a photographer and DJ (think "what kind of music do we want them to play at our reception?").

That being said, you can now go back, edit your response (quickly) and never forget this very valuable lesson before you've even said "I do."

and yes, I do normally charge large sums of money for this type of advice.
tbkonwso
Stage 2

Postby tbkonwso » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:16 pm

maxh2o wrote:
maxh2o wrote: you may want to post up what city and roughly when as well as what you're looking for in both.

Okay, first rule of being married...pay attention. Women will make your life a living hell because . . . you aren't really paying attention to them. Really. You'll be like, "but honey, its not my fault that 63 guys in Miatas crashed our wedding reception and are now stealing our beer, copping feels with all the bridemaids and dirty-dancing with urmom!" And you know what? You will have been wrong, for the very simple fact that . . . you weren't paying attention. Also, you need to answer the questions of "what are you looking for in a photographer and DJ (think "what kind of music do we want them to play at our reception?").

That being said, you can now go back, edit your response (quickly) and never forget this very valuable lesson before you've even said "I do."

and yes, I do normally charge large sums of money for this type of advice.

DJ: 80 - 90 music (pending)
photographer: looking for less lightroom effect more of having the eye to capture the moment type.
videographer: video doesn't need to be long.. but should be shot in a movie trailer type way.

to be honest, i wouldn't mind just signing a piece of paper and get married in the city hall and keep the 35k use it for a trip to Japan, Europe, and rest money on a family car.

lol you guys are more then welcome to crash the wedding and drink some booze i did the venue buy out so all alcohol from 2-6 is free along with some fancy appetizer that probably taste like horseshit
billybobster
NCR Supporter
Car(s): Track day 95 M
Car(s): 2008 A4 Avant

Postby billybobster » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:04 pm

tbkonwso wrote:to be honest, i wouldn't mind just signing a piece of paper and get married in the city hall and keep the 35k use it for a trip to Japan, Europe, and rest money on a family car.

Seriously, rethink the $50K-$60K wedding. Because if you think it's $X now it will wind up being more - just like car repair. Do a spreadsheet and list out everything you can possibly think of.

Talk to a bunch of married people. Ask them if they thought they spent too much or too little on their wedding. And would they rather have spent some or a lot of that money some other way. Like on the most amazing honeymoon.

Big weddings also mean a huge amount of work and stress for you and your fiance. Talk to married people about that too.

The American wedding industry has worked hard to convince us that big weddings are normal and that there is an ever expanding very long list of things that you MUST have/do/spend for. A lot of these "traditions" have only emerged in the last few decades. Ask yourself why the thickest magazines on the newsstands are Bride and the like - and it's mainly ads.

My wife and I got married in our house with a few close friends and family. It was sweet, personal and significantly less stressful. But, we'd been living together for almost 20 years so we're in a different position.

Ultimately of course, it's you and your fiance's call on spend vs. value. And congratulations!
95 M turbo'd track day car - 2008 A4 Avant (still beloved DD)

"Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain." - Homer Simpson
aznDragonX
Stage 3
Car(s): 2007 Prius
Car(s): 1992 Miata

Postby aznDragonX » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:16 am

maxh2o wrote:Yeah, I know a few photographers and a DJ or two, you may want to post up what city and roughly when as well as what you're looking for in both.

Congrats! lol, I see your list of cars. Wait till you have kid. You can say bye bye to some toys. Nice list of cars BTW! Photographer wise, you can ping gejay99. I've seen his work and they are really good!
1992 Miata : Fully built 1.9L : AF with GT3071R : E85 : TSE BBK
speedypenguin
Stage 2
Car(s): '94 Miata

Postby speedypenguin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Kimhak (thehak) has shot quite a few weddings in the past, so I'd suggest contacting him. Cool guy and great photographer.
Brian
maxh2o
Stage 4

Postby maxh2o » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am

2nd on Kimhak, I also have a friend who shoots weddings who is located in the Eastbay.
tbkonwso
Stage 2

Postby tbkonwso » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:09 pm

i booked with John Remus for photography.

i'm searching on vemeo for a armature cinematographer for our wedding video. (hopefully someone in school needs money and does great work)

thanks for the help guys!

i will be using Kimhak for my personal car shoots once i finished the cars, busy with the wedding and all funding is going to wedding currently so haven't had time to contact him to shoot some cars =\

thanks for your help and advice guys.

when my kid grows up his first car is a miata
Ken P
Stage 4+
Car(s): 2014 NC GT
Car(s): 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

Postby Ken P » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:42 pm

i just got a new gopro, can i be the video guy? :D
Member of the Brake Fade Society.

Keep up with RetroModern's latest products
Instagram: @retromodernusa
tbkonwso
Stage 2

Postby tbkonwso » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:19 am

Ken P wrote:i just got a new gopro, can i be the video guy? :D

lol my wife would kill me if the cinematographer shows up with a gopro haha lol.

do you guys know the people at awkward turtle media??

my budget is only $1500 max most good video places are quoting me 2500+

i found www.orangeblossomfilms.com and they were very reasonble for $1500 just for video and highlights entire day.

god if i wasnt in the wedding i buy my own eqipment for 2k and film it my self lol

this wedding has taken a toll on my car hobby time and expenses grr =\
maharaj
Stage 1
Car(s): 90 Miata

Postby maharaj » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:30 am

tbkonwso wrote:
cake and other bullshits.

The wedding planning/detail sentiments have never been expressed so honestly. :lol:
You need to grab ahold of that line between speed and chaos, and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra. – Talledega Nights
maxh2o
Stage 4

Postby maxh2o » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Video or still? What are you looking for?
tbkonwso
Stage 2

Postby tbkonwso » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:15 pm

maxh2o wrote:Video or still? What are you looking for?

Video like cinematographer
maxh2o
Stage 4

Postby maxh2o » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:09 pm

if it were me and I had limited funds, I'd spend the money on a really good photographer (you know, one who waits to get the best angles on you and your bride and family members and wedding party, instead of just clicking away like an idiot), then ask everyone invited to use their smartphones and send you their vine links.
tbkonwso
Stage 2

Postby tbkonwso » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:25 pm

i hired john remus already he is a great guy =]
falkon240
Stage 1
Car(s): 97 Miata

Postby falkon240 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:25 pm

My friends work for Say Ya Photobooth

http://www.sayyaphotobooth.com/

Not sure on their rates, but just throwing out another recommendation.
tbkonwso
Stage 2

Postby tbkonwso » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:04 pm

thanks everyone got everything arranged and worked out.

video - Awkward turtle media (recommendation from S2Ki)
Photography - John Remus

All your advises are good... this wedding process has surely taken a toll... if iw ere to do it again....city hall and a big long honey moon!

my budget was 25k for the wedding now its in the 40k range.... it has been a very stressful time but it really give you a chance and opportunity to work with your partner on all important aspects of relationship. Finances , Family, Emotions and how to deal with everything. i think i learned more about my partner in the last 4-5 month than i did in 3 years.

anyways thanks for everyone's help!! The wedding will be a big car gathering almost since 80% of my friends are CAR GUYS lol....

here is one of our engagement shot enjoy!

lissamartin043
Stage 0
Car(s): car

Postby lissamartin043 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:11 am

In which location you are looking?
I am from San Jose and on my wedding I take a Photo booth on rent from PhotoWorks Interactive Photobooth Rentals of San Jose.
http://www.photoworksinteractive.com/

I just suggest i don't know their present plan !!!!

Return to “Photo Lab”