Bill - '97 STO

Member's Projects
Paradox
Stage 2
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:43 pm
Car(s): 96 Miata
Car(s): 90 Toyota Truck
Location: San Jose

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby Paradox » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Am I allowed to suggest a "Lets move Bill day" I'm pretty sure we could show up with multiple trucks and quite a few people. Of course a BBQ would be required. . .
User avatar
rennkafer
Stage 4
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 pm
Car(s): 97 STO Miata
Car(s): '67 IH Travelall
Car(s): '93 Audi S4

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby rennkafer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Paradox wrote:Am I allowed to suggest a "Lets move Bill day" I'm pretty sure we could show up with multiple trucks and quite a few people. Of course a BBQ would be required. . .


You're allowed to suggest it... but given we're moving next weekend on a 3 day holiday weekend I don't think you'd get a lot of takers.
Bill J
1997 Miata STO, 550/350 FCM adjustables, 15x9 6UL, 225/45-15 RS3's, 6spd, turbo in progress...
1967 International Travelall
Image
Paradox
Stage 2
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:43 pm
Car(s): 96 Miata
Car(s): 90 Toyota Truck
Location: San Jose

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby Paradox » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:13 am

Then let me rephrase that.

I have a truck with a lumber rack and am willing to help.
User avatar
iMikeG
Stage 3
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:48 pm
Car(s): 1990 Mazda Miata sold
Car(s): 92 Mazda Miata sold
Car(s): 90 Nissan 240sx sold
Location: Tracy Ca.

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby iMikeG » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:11 pm

rennkafer wrote:
iMikeG wrote:bill you have a mill?


Somehow I missed this til now... no I don't personally own a mill (at the moment), the one in the pics is at work.


oh sweet. mills and lathes come in handy. and when i ask something it usually gets missed. so now you have a garage once you move to the new house you will be able to put a mill and lathe and maybe a couple of welders :banana:
Image

silhouette wrote:I just passed the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam. One step closer to being a professional drug dealer, and by drug dealing I mean putting pills in a bottle. Thug life.
User avatar
rennkafer
Stage 4
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 pm
Car(s): 97 STO Miata
Car(s): '67 IH Travelall
Car(s): '93 Audi S4

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby rennkafer » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:00 am

Paradox wrote:Then let me rephrase that.

I have a truck with a lumber rack and am willing to help.


Sweet... can always use the help. PM me and we'll set it up.


iMikeG wrote:
rennkafer wrote:
iMikeG wrote:bill you have a mill?


Somehow I missed this til now... no I don't personally own a mill (at the moment), the one in the pics is at work.


oh sweet. mills and lathes come in handy. and when i ask something it usually gets missed. so now you have a garage once you move to the new house you will be able to put a mill and lathe and maybe a couple of welders :banana:


Already have a MIG and TIG welder... now I just need about $6k for the mill/lathe.
Bill J
1997 Miata STO, 550/350 FCM adjustables, 15x9 6UL, 225/45-15 RS3's, 6spd, turbo in progress...
1967 International Travelall
Image
thesnowboarder
Stage 3
Posts: 2266
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:38 am
Car(s): 1999 F-250 Super Duty
Car(s): 1990 turbo miata

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby thesnowboarder » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:42 am

This weekend, as in labor day? If its the the weekend after I can help on Sunday Bill.
http://www.cahillfilms.com/blog
Big Lan wrote:The TV show Friends sucks. Free porn is great. Virus-free free porn is awesome. Your woman pointing out porn is win.
User avatar
iMikeG
Stage 3
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:48 pm
Car(s): 1990 Mazda Miata sold
Car(s): 92 Mazda Miata sold
Car(s): 90 Nissan 240sx sold
Location: Tracy Ca.

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby iMikeG » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 pm

rennkafer wrote:
Paradox wrote:Then let me rephrase that.

I have a truck with a lumber rack and am willing to help.


Sweet... can always use the help. PM me and we'll set it up.


iMikeG wrote:
rennkafer wrote:
iMikeG wrote:bill you have a mill?


Somehow I missed this til now... no I don't personally own a mill (at the moment), the one in the pics is at work.


oh sweet. mills and lathes come in handy. and when i ask something it usually gets missed. so now you have a garage once you move to the new house you will be able to put a mill and lathe and maybe a couple of welders :banana:


Already have a MIG and TIG welder... now I just need about $6k for the mill/lathe.


man your a lucky duck. i want to get a mig and tig and lathe and mill..
Image

silhouette wrote:I just passed the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam. One step closer to being a professional drug dealer, and by drug dealing I mean putting pills in a bottle. Thug life.
User avatar
Ken P
Stage 4+
Posts: 10051
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:14 pm
Car(s): 2014 NC GT
Car(s): 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Location: Jungles of Antartica

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby Ken P » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:03 pm

bill would you be interested in a Birmingham turrent mill? comes with a digital readout. also have a Lunan Lc340A lathe.

ps: if you need cheap labor, ive got some free time to help you move. i want to be paid in pizza and soda. :D
Member of the Brake Fade Society.

Keep up with RetroModern's latest products
Instagram: @retromodernusa
Paradox
Stage 2
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:43 pm
Car(s): 96 Miata
Car(s): 90 Toyota Truck
Location: San Jose

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby Paradox » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Ken P wrote:PS: if you need cheap labor, ive got some free time to help you move. i want to be paid in pizza(+++) and soda. :D


Iced tea or lemonade for me for me.

PM Sent.
User avatar
rennkafer
Stage 4
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 pm
Car(s): 97 STO Miata
Car(s): '67 IH Travelall
Car(s): '93 Audi S4

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby rennkafer » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:13 pm

thesnowboarder wrote:This weekend, as in labor day? If its the the weekend after I can help on Sunday Bill.


Ya this weekend... I figured with 3 days we should be completely out of the old place and have it partially cleaned... might need help moving stuff around or grabbing stuff out of storage the next weekend though, I'll let you know.

Ken P wrote:bill would you be interested in a Birmingham turrent mill? comes with a digital readout. also have a Lunan Lc340A lathe.

ps: if you need cheap labor, ive got some free time to help you move. i want to be paid in pizza and soda. :D



I'd have to see the lathe and mill Ken... and get some idea on prices before I'd know how interested just currently. Certainly worth a look though. As for help I think we have it covered with two trucks and 3 people, the only really difficult bits to get out of here are the couch, and bed... the rest isn't too bad and I have a handtruck so it doesn't all have to be carried. If that changes I'll let you know, thanks for the offer!

Iced tea is a staple around here... long as you like sweet tea. I'll be sure and grab some lemonade too!
Bill J
1997 Miata STO, 550/350 FCM adjustables, 15x9 6UL, 225/45-15 RS3's, 6spd, turbo in progress...
1967 International Travelall
Image
User avatar
Ken P
Stage 4+
Posts: 10051
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:14 pm
Car(s): 2014 NC GT
Car(s): 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Location: Jungles of Antartica

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby Ken P » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:43 pm

aww bummer, this weekend is no good for me unfortunately so im out. sure bill, any time you're ready, just let me know. I spoke to the machinist who owns those two and he's willing to cut you a better deal since we know each other. It would be way under your budget, just so you know. the machines are in santa clara off trimble and 101.
Member of the Brake Fade Society.

Keep up with RetroModern's latest products
Instagram: @retromodernusa
User avatar
rennkafer
Stage 4
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 pm
Car(s): 97 STO Miata
Car(s): '67 IH Travelall
Car(s): '93 Audi S4

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby rennkafer » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Ok not a lot of car progress, but I thought an update on the garage might be in order...

I started with this...
Image

Image

Put in some old kitchen cabinets I got from a friend and some 1" gluelam tops..

Image

Decided they needed painting...

Image

Now after about 25 hours of moving, sawing, painting, and sorting stuff I hadn't seen in 5 or 6 years...

Image

Now I just need to get the house stuff ALL out... and back to projects!
Bill J
1997 Miata STO, 550/350 FCM adjustables, 15x9 6UL, 225/45-15 RS3's, 6spd, turbo in progress...
1967 International Travelall
Image
User avatar
SRN DI G SAO
Stage 3
Posts: 2014
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:28 am
Car(s): FZJ80 Grand Cruiser
Car(s): IS350
Contact:

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby SRN DI G SAO » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:29 pm

Looks fantastic Bill.
Image
Still winning and not even in the game.
thesnowboarder
Stage 3
Posts: 2266
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:38 am
Car(s): 1999 F-250 Super Duty
Car(s): 1990 turbo miata

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby thesnowboarder » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:55 pm

Very excited to see where your car goes once your able to wrench on it in piece. The garage looks great, I dream about being able to make a work bench and have a properly setup garage.

Keep shooting with that 10-22 ;)
http://www.cahillfilms.com/blog
Big Lan wrote:The TV show Friends sucks. Free porn is great. Virus-free free porn is awesome. Your woman pointing out porn is win.
User avatar
howangsNA
Stage 3
Posts: 2167
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby howangsNA » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:02 pm

Tech day?
User avatar
Papa Smurf
Site Admin
Posts: 10629
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:21 pm
Car(s): '93 'Papa Smurf'
Car(s): '92 Miata 'Silviata'
Car(s): '03 Porsche BoxsterS
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Contact:

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby Papa Smurf » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:21 am

the last pic was a 10-22mm? Looks great! always though that would be a great lens for a 1.6 crop body. Can't wait to see how the new 8-15mm perfoms on a 1.6 crop.
NCR window decals! $4
Image
Do you know someone who wants to buy or sell a house? I'll buy a $500 car part, when we close escrow as a "thank you" to you for the introduction.
User avatar
rennkafer
Stage 4
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 pm
Car(s): 97 STO Miata
Car(s): '67 IH Travelall
Car(s): '93 Audi S4

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby rennkafer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:08 am

It's a Sigma 10-20 on the last shot... then I used Lens Correction in CS5.

A tech day may be in the works though maybe next spring when the weather is getting better, not worse.

I'm looking forward to using using the garage rather than working on it.... a few more weekends and it should be there.

(edit) The Miata IS in the garage in this shot.. just to the right of the step stool. Yay for two car garages!
Bill J
1997 Miata STO, 550/350 FCM adjustables, 15x9 6UL, 225/45-15 RS3's, 6spd, turbo in progress...
1967 International Travelall
Image
User avatar
Eunos R
NCR Supporter
Posts: 6941
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:44 am
Location: San Leandro/Oakland, CA

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby Eunos R » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:16 am

rennkafer wrote:Now after about 25 hours of moving, sawing, painting, and sorting stuff I hadn't seen in 5 or 6 years...


Hehe... same thing with me when I was organizing my garage. Congrats on new garage. It looks properly setup. :)

Jeff
'95 White Leather w/PEP / R-Package Hybrid
Image
My Flickr Photostream, My Picasa Albums
"Selling my passenger seat/harness. Car is too fast for joyrides. :(" - Savington
Paradox
Stage 2
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:43 pm
Car(s): 96 Miata
Car(s): 90 Toyota Truck
Location: San Jose

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby Paradox » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Looking way better than when I last saw it.
thesnowboarder
Stage 3
Posts: 2266
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:38 am
Car(s): 1999 F-250 Super Duty
Car(s): 1990 turbo miata

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby thesnowboarder » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:36 pm

Bill have you checked out Garage Journal forms?

This has be very motivated to do well in life:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/show ... hp?t=55006
http://www.cahillfilms.com/blog
Big Lan wrote:The TV show Friends sucks. Free porn is great. Virus-free free porn is awesome. Your woman pointing out porn is win.
User avatar
rennkafer
Stage 4
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 pm
Car(s): 97 STO Miata
Car(s): '67 IH Travelall
Car(s): '93 Audi S4

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby rennkafer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:51 pm

thesnowboarder wrote:Bill have you checked out Garage Journal forms?

This has be very motivated to do well in life:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/show ... hp?t=55006


Lol.. some of those are just silly, but the 12 gauge garage one has some good ideas. If I buy this place eventually, you'll see different things happen, but for now I just want a reasonably clean and functional place to work.

Paradox wrote:Looking way better than when I last saw it.


Thanks... it's only taken 2 months to get this far, but it's coming along.
Bill J
1997 Miata STO, 550/350 FCM adjustables, 15x9 6UL, 225/45-15 RS3's, 6spd, turbo in progress...
1967 International Travelall
Image
User avatar
rennkafer
Stage 4
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 pm
Car(s): 97 STO Miata
Car(s): '67 IH Travelall
Car(s): '93 Audi S4

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby rennkafer » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:53 pm

Actually got some stuff done over the weekend... buffing, buffing, and more buffing. Did both the Miata and the truck...

Image

Image

Image

Image

And having a little fun with the 10-20...

Image
Bill J
1997 Miata STO, 550/350 FCM adjustables, 15x9 6UL, 225/45-15 RS3's, 6spd, turbo in progress...
1967 International Travelall
Image
User avatar
2cam16
Stage 4
Posts: 4023
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:43 pm
Car(s): '01 Subaru Fozzy
Car(s): Specialized HR Disc
Car(s): '82 Shogun Sport300
Location: San Mateo County

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby 2cam16 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Looking good,Bill! Love the old school truck.
Rob
User avatar
SRN DI G SAO
Stage 3
Posts: 2014
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:28 am
Car(s): FZJ80 Grand Cruiser
Car(s): IS350
Contact:

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby SRN DI G SAO » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Both cars look even better in person. And, having seen Bills work space with my own eyes, I can testify that it is the true King of all home garages, at least as far as NCR is concerned.
Image
Still winning and not even in the game.
User avatar
Eunos R
NCR Supporter
Posts: 6941
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:44 am
Location: San Leandro/Oakland, CA

Re: Bill - '97 STO

Postby Eunos R » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:04 am

That looks and sounds awesome.

Jeff
'95 White Leather w/PEP / R-Package Hybrid
Image
My Flickr Photostream, My Picasa Albums
"Selling my passenger seat/harness. Car is too fast for joyrides. :(" - Savington

Return to “Member's Rides/Proj3ktz”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests