Help me pick a new seat

Seats, Dashboard, Stereo, Shiftknobs
Louie
Stage 0
Car(s): 91 miata

Help me pick a new seat

Postby Louie » Fri May 26, 2017 10:27 am

Car is a NA miata with a full cage and hard top. Basically a track car, but I will be driving it to and from the track, and maybe an occasional trip to work to keep the fluids going. Currently it has an aftermarket generic seat mounted on stock rails that doesn't work for me at all. I'm 5'11" about 185lbs 34" waist and my wife tells me I have a big butt (somehow that might be relevant to the current discussion...)

Question:
With a full cage should I get a halo seat, or will I be "ok" with non-halo? Roll cage does have padding if that matters...

Since I will drive it on the street I thought it would be idiotic to got for a full halo seat so I was looking at some "hybrid" options. I did stop by Winecountry motorsports and tried out the Sparco Ergo seat. The M size was a little tight in the butt area. Would probably be ok on the track, but the 3h drive to thunderhill would not be comfortable. The Sparco Ergo L was more comfortable, but my internet research suggest that would not fit in a miata.

I was also looking at a Cobra Evolution and based on the specs it might work for me. Anybody know of a place where I can try it out? Or any shop in the south bay or peninsula that has seats I can put my butt in? Or anything else that I should consider?
JediJoker
Stage 2
Car(s): 2001 Audi A6 2.7T quattro

Re: Help me pick a new seat

Postby JediJoker » Sat May 27, 2017 12:19 am

If you want to try some Recaro seats, go to Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley. They're the regional distributor.
- JediJoker

Image "Das Boot" / 2001 Audi A6 2.7T quattro sedan

SRN DI G SAO wrote:IMSA: International Man Sauce Association

Return to “Interior”