SOLD: 4 BFG Rival 205/50/15 w/lots of tread left

Items For Sale, Trade or Want-To-Buy only
Forum rules
Rules/Guidelines to aid in making sale transactions smoother and easier to read.

1. Title: Prefix with FS/WTT/WTB label. Postfix with $+Price (Not required in the title for multiple items)
2. You must post a price or condition of sale for each item.
3. Change FS: to Sold: when sold.
4. You must have the location filled out in your profile or state the location of the item(s) in the post.
5. Be descriptive in your Title and Description (ie. No "Rims for sale"). No one line links to craigslist ads, take a few seconds to copy&paste the details into the thread.
6. Dont' post duplicate threads.
7. Don't thread crap.
8. No newbie posts. Must have 5 posts before using the classifieds. How do you expect anyone to purchase if they don't know/trust you.

Don't be an asshole and under sell someone. Good luck with your Sale!

Acronyms
FS = For Sale
WTT = Want To Trade
WTB = Want To Buy
SPF = Sale Pending Funds
OBO = Or Best Offer
Feeler = I'm not selling, just gauging the market price
CL = CraigsList
billybobster
NCR Supporter
Car(s): Track day 95 M
Car(s): 2008 A4 Avant

SOLD: 4 BFG Rival 205/50/15 w/lots of tread left

Postby billybobster » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:10 pm

SOLD

I'm selling off a perfectly good set of BFG Rivals - 205/50/15.

Because why? Because despite the fact that everyone seems to love the Rivals, both on the street and track, my car got understeery on track vs. my previous R888s (a 200 treadwear tire not sticking as well as an R-comp - go figure Bill).

So I'm selling them. Price is $225 - half of what I paid Tire Rack including rebate and shipping. Pickup in SF only.

Pictures are below. They may look gnarly but for track tires this is typical. The pickup will come off after some street driving and the bluing just means they got up to operating temp.

Tread depth averages 6.4/32" all around and is pretty even - new depth is 7.2/32" - so my calc says 89% of new. Remarkable considering they have four track days on them and around 700 miles of street driving (including some spirited mountain driving at which I thought they were quite good).

Plus they are asymmetric (outside/inside) but not directional, so you can rotate them to any corner once they are mounted (nice).

95 M turbo'd track day car - 2008 A4 Avant (still beloved DD)

"Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain." - Homer Simpson
Snake520
Stage 3
Car(s): '99 Miata

Re: FS: 4 BFG Rival 205/50/15 w/lots of tread left

Postby Snake520 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:51 pm

wish i had 15s! :(
Paradox
Stage 2
Car(s): 96 Miata
Car(s): 90 Toyota Truck

Postby Paradox » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:55 pm

IMHO The R-888's are an underrated tire.

But since I'm about ready for a set of tires I will take the Rivals. I'll pm you my number give me a call tomorrow.
akc5132
Stage 0
Car(s): 1994 Mazda Miata

Postby akc5132 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:46 am

I PM'd you a while ago and I'm very interested in the tires. I'd like to work something out. Thanks.

Return to “Classifieds”